About Agri Exchange
Apeda Agri Exchange
Benefits / Facilities
Fruits & Vegetables Seeds
Fresh fruits & Vegetables
Other Fresh Vegetables
Other Fresh Fruits
Others (Betel Leaves & Nuts)
Processed Fruits & Vegetables
Cucumber and Gherkins (Prepd. & Presvd.)
Processed Fruits,Juices & Nuts
Sheep/ Goat Meat
Albumin (Eggs & Milk)
Other Processed Foods
Jaggery & confectionery
Non Basmati Rice
United Arab Emirates
...View more country profiles
Analytical Report on FTAs
Tariff Concession under FTAs
Global Analytical Report
India's Export Analytical Report
Comparative Report On APEDA Products
Comparative Report On Principal Commodities
DGFT : Public Notice, Notifications, Circular and Trade Notice
India Food Safety & Standards
Foreign Trade Policy 2015-20
Foreign Trade Policy (2015-2020)
Foreign Trade Procedures (2015-2020)
Highlights of Foreign Trade Policy (2015-2020)
Foreign Trade Policy Statement (2015-2020)
Appendices and ANF of FTP (2015-2020)
Submit New lead
Indian Mission Login
Noida International Airport will develop tourism, agriculture sector in UP, says PM Modi: Key points.
Nov 26, 2021
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday laid foundation stone of Noida International Airpor (NIA) in Jewar, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh. He was accompanied by chief minister Yogi Adityanath and Union civil aviation minister Jyotiraditya M Scindiaat the project site.
On the occassion, PM said that the Noida International Airport will develop the tourism and agriculture sector in UP and pilgrims will be able to easily travel to temples and shrines in the state.
'Tourism of land-locked states like Uttar Pradesh will greatly benefit from the Noida International Airport. Now, pilgrims will be able to easily travel to temples and shrines in Uttar Pradesh,' PM said.
'The agricultural potential of Western UP will witness a sharp rise and help the small farmers in exporting goods easily, efficiently and instantly,' he added.
PM Modi further said that Uttar Pradesh will now be known for its 'Uttam Suvidha and Nirantar Nivesh'.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Noida International Airport in Uttar Pradesh's Jewar. (ANI)
Here's all you need to know about the new airport-
* Modi laid the foundation stone of the UP's fifth international airport in at Jewar. This greenfield airport will be India's first pollution-free.
* This international airport will be the largest in Asia and the fourth largest in the world and with this Uttar Pradesh has become the first state in India to have five international airports.
* This will be the second international airport in the NCR.
* According to the ministry of civil aviation, the International Airport near Jewar will be developed as an Aviation Hub which is conceived to provide all the modern, efficient and hi-tech facilities.
* The airport area when fully operational is expected to have Aero and Non-Aero activities along with MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) facilities.
* The present project envisages an area of land requirement measuring 3500 acres.
* In the first phase of development, only 1327 hectares of land would be developed.
* Noida International Airport is strategically located, which is at a road distance of about 72 km from IGI Airport, 40 km from Noida, Faridabad and Ghaziabad respectively, 28 km from Greater Noida, 65 km from Gurugram and 130 km from Agra.
* The projected cost of the proposed project is estimated at around Rs 15000- 20000 crore and the development of the first phase of the airport is being done at a cost of around Rs 10,050 crore.
* This airport will also become the gateway to logistics for northern India as an airport is being built as an integrated multi-modal cargo hub for the first time in India. The capacity of the dedicated cargo terminal will be 20 lakh metric tonnes, which will be increased to 80 lakh metric tonnes.
* This will be the first airport in India where emissions will be net zero. The airport has earmarked a dedicated plot where trees to be removed from the project site will be planted.
* In this way it will be given the form of a jungle park. Along with protecting all the native animals, full care of nature will be taken during the development of the airport.
* The airport is being developed by Yamuna International Airport Private Limited (YIAPL), a 100 per cent subsidiary of the project's Swiss concessionaire Zurich International Airport AG.
* This will also help in reducing massive traffic at the Indira Gandhi International Airport. There was a demand for such an international airport in this area for the last 30-35 years.
* Yamuna International Airport Pvt Ltd (YIAPL) is developing Noida International Airport under the PPP model in close partnership with the Government of Uttar Pradesh and the Government of India.
* The work at the airport is scheduled to be completed by 2024.
(With inputs from agencies)
Offer/Submit New Lead
View Buy Leads
View Sell Leads
APEDA Agri Exchange
Latest Sell Offers
Latest Buy Offers
Exports from India
News & Analysis
Latest Market Reports
View Newsletter Online
Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority
(Ministry of Commerce & Industry,
Govt. of India)
NCUI Building 3, Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi - 110 016
Phone : 91-11-26513204, 26514572, 26534186
Fax : 91-11-26526187